Sunday 15 April 2012

Scottish with a twist.


Scottish with a twist was the title of the brief given by Ingrid Tate, so began the journey of Dougal's Dad. I am inspired by narrative design. For this project I created a fictional character “Dougal’s Dad”. Through Dougal’s Dad I explored Scottish landscapes. My goal was to compare and contrast the imagery of urban versus rural Scotland. Through my research for the project I grew to love hill walking and managed to bag several Munroe’s over the summer. 

"Dougal’s dad has taken me through a real journey of discovery across the highlands – offering an opportunity to reflect, gain clarity and appreciate nature.  It is an exciting, unpredictable and thoroughly fulfilling project exploring colour, pattern, print and texture."
















No comments:

Post a Comment